Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Who wants to live with me?

My roommate announced today that she will be leaving for greener pastures (Williamsburg) next month, so I am in the unfortunate position of looking for a roommate. Here is the ad that I put on Craigslist. Please forward it to anyone you think might be interested in moving into my apartment. Thanks.


I have a room available in my 3 bedroom 2 bath duplex in Red Hook. If you have never heard of Red Hook and have no idea how to go about getting here, the neighborhood is probably not for you. It's a great neighborhood with restaurants, bars, cafes, galleries, parks, piers and the Fairway supermarket... BUT there is no direct subway access here.

However, the bus will take you to the subways (and you get a free transfer).

About the room: About 10x12,very sunny, decent closet, hardwood floor, leads to a huge terrace with a beautiful view of the Statue of Liberty. The sunsets are amazing. (My room is all the way down the hall so you will not hear my religious chants at 4 am on Tuesdays.) The room has a pullout sofa in it but can be moved to make way for more traditional bedroom furnishings. The closest subway is a 25 minute jaunt through the Red Hook projects (you can find hookers and drugs there). The bathroom is right next door and is shared with a somewhat persnickety individual who enjoys French lavender hand soap. The bathroom is nice and has a large tub.

You need to take the bus or walk a long way to get to the subway.

Downstairs is another bedroom, bathroom and a nice kitchen with a dishwasher and a fully furnished living area. The place is pretty new and the decor is neutral. There are hardwood floors throughout, high ceilings and plenty of sunlight. The roof deck just one flight up is awesome. The views are inspiring. We also have central air and heat.

There are no plans in the near or distant future to extend a subway line into Red Hook.

About the roommates: Me, 25, male, quiet, clean, respectful, laid back, yada yada yada. I'm very pleasant to deal with and can get along with all sorts of people. I am sarcastic and somewhat wry, but not in an obnoxious Charles Dickens character way. No subway lines serve this neighborhood. The person that is not me - 30ish, female, quiet, clean, respectful, laid back, yada yada yada. She has a cat who is...what's the word...supercilious.

The subway is not convenient.

I smoke outdoors and expect you do to the same. Crack may only be smoked on the premises as part of a religious ritual (documentation is needed).

You will have to take the bus more than you are used to. I'm looking for someone for December 1st.

I've been burned before (not with gonorrhea) and don't want to wind up on Judge Judy so I am asking for 1st month, last month and 1 month security. Let me know when you'd like to see the space and we can arrange something. You will not be taking a subway all the way to my address; you will need to transfer to either the B-61 or B-77 bus. It's not that painful. You will not be able to reach Red Hook via subway.

P.S. Religious fundamentalists are encouraged to apply!

If you know anyone let me know.

No comments: