Friday, October 12, 2007

Don't Murder Me

The murder rate is up in certain precincts in New York City and I don't give a fuck. Why should I? Most murders in our large cities are gang-related. I'm not in a gang and I generally don't hang out in those circles, so why should I care?

I know I'm gonna sound like the bad guy on this one, but when some thug kills another thug in the Mott Haven section of the Bronx, is it really a loss to society? Should we really care? No! That person was doing more harm than good to society and now he is in hell while his murderer is behind bars. Just like that, we've taken care of two miscreants.

New York City is a relatively safe place to live. If you're looking for trouble though, it will find you. My advice is: Don't look for trouble. We're all going to get mugged at some point while we live here, but we have a better chance of getting run over by the M42 bus than getting caught in a drive-by shooting. It just ain't gonna happen folks.

I'm a generally nice individual who cares about others, but when it comes to gang members, I really don't give a flying fuck whether they live or die or rot in prison for the rest of their lives. It's not just because they are criminals who cheat the system and live a crime-ridden life - it also has to do with the fact that they wouldn't care if I lived or died or rotted in prison. And in all likelihood, they are not sitting around on a crisp autumn Friday morning blogging about the fact that they don't care about me and my ilk.

Life is too short to care about the bad guys. They don't care about us, so we shouldn't care about them. Let them riot and smoke crack and shoot each other till kingdom come. As long as we don't have to hear it in the wee hours of the morning, it's fine with me. Murder rates are just statistics. We the gentry needn't worry.

Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Josephine said...

"My advice is: Don't look for trouble."

Priceless advice from the white man who told a gentleman dressed in red (in a subway car full of Bloods) that his comments were "rather racist".