Thursday, September 27, 2007

Another blogger goes to jail.

Someone sent me a link of a blog that tells a similar tale of my previous posting about being detained at 120 Schermerhorn St., Brooklyn, NY 11201 - Brooklyn Central Booking. This guy also has a blog, albeit a little different from mine. His is called "Diaper Bandit" and it's about child rearing. Apparently this yuppie/hipster dad from Williamsburg had his dog off the leash and had an outstanding arrest for another canine-related incident.* Here is his story.

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/diaperbandit/archive/tags/brooklyn+central+booking/default.aspx

Apparently this guy is not nearly as much of an asshole as I am. The guy was detained for 42 hours (more than twice as long as my 20 or so hours) and he barely had a negative or sarcastic comment about his fellow inmates. He also had his wife and friends ready to take the case to the Supreme Court for his release, while I just waited it out and observed and snickered at those around me.

He even went as far as contemplating whether he should "keep in touch" with the miscreants he called roommates for three nights. I, on the other hand, made quips about Rikers Island probably being pretty pleasant due to its waterfront location in front of dudes who were going up there. His wife gave a heroin addict a quarter while I told a junkie that I couldn't wait to go sit in my centrally air conditioned apartment.

This guy is supposed to be a writer and 42 hours in the hands of Brooklyn's finest should make for a pretty provocative story, but his was, well, bland and predictable. (It was an interesting choice for him to include pictures of his gifted child and special dog between paragraphs to show a stark contrast between his cushy gentrified reality and the hell he was in at the time.)

Hell, the guy didn't even ask for soap.

What did you think? Read his story and then read my entry from Tuesday, September 4th.

http://gentryornot.blogspot.com/2007/09/people-of-state-of-new-york-versus-me.html

Which blog was more interesting? The comment board is open.


*Maybe this guy should considering getting a cat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your story was definitely more interesting. But then again, assholes are usually better story tellers