Monday, November 19, 2007

A Rather Morose Post

If things for whatever reason do not work out for me with my disease, here are a few things I do NOT want.
  • I do not want my friends gathering around a camp fire or some shit like that to mourn over my death and tell amusing anecdotes about me. "Remember the time he passed out after homecoming senior year after drinking a case of Heineken while singing Piano Man? Ha ha." No. That is not acceptable.
  • I do not want people to carry on with their daily activities because "that's what he would have wanted." In fact, that's not what I want. I expect solemn mourning.
  • I do not want anyone putting anything in the casket like a cigarette or a bottle of my favorite beer or a golf club. Just leave it alone. This is no time to be cutesy.
  • I do not want a eulogy that evokes laughter. Just because I was considered to be a humorous individual, that doesn't open up the forum for anyone to make jokes.
  • I do not want anyone going out for drinks and telling stories about me after the funeral. Just don't do it. Go home and sit quietly. Again, it's not what I would have wanted.
  • I do not want anyone showing up to the wake and funeral in khaki pants. This is not a fucking 8th grade band concert or a bar mitzvah. Wear a suit or don't come at all.
  • I do not want people to try to make shit up about me that isn't true. "Oh he was just a great guy and always so kind to the homeless and the pigeons." I was not. In fact, I was sort of a prick. Be honest.
  • I do not want a charity in my name for Hodgkins lymphoma research. Save your money and buy something nice for yourself that you could use.
  • I do not want anyone to play any of my favorite music at the wake or funeral. Ave Maria is just fine thank you.

I realize that I probably will not meet my demise due to my illness, but just in case anything happens, please refer to this blog for instructions. This goes for if I die for any other reasons. These rules still apply in 60 years.

3 comments:

george said...

dude. i read your blog every week in my computer concepts class. i am a writer also, but i don't blog nearly as much as you do. whatever. i like your blog. the class i am in is for Court Reporting school and covers subjects like what is a cpu, what is a keyboard, how do you make the window smaller.... Real riveting shit. I received a degree about 15 years ago in English Literature and couldn't test out of this bullshit.

Anyway, I get the feeling you don't want people to feel sorry for you about the disease you have. So I won't. But I will say this, please keep writing. Despite the fact that I normally make fun of and threaten people who gentrify crap neighborhoods, I like your writing. So keep writing, keep your chin up.

Anonymous said...

1000 facebook likes
buy facebook likes

http://www.salesandmarketing.com/article/talk-money http://www.macygray.com/node/243
get facebook likes buy facebook likes 1000 facebook likes
Heres the deal i know how to format a computer... i have done it a million times but this time i have come across a new problem and im not exactly sure how to deal with it. I know that when you completely wipe a computer you have to wait for the prompt during start up that says "press any key to boot from disk" but what happens when you dont see that message? How do you format it then? Yes i am trying to wipe xp in order to reinstall xp (nasty virus tried EVERYTHING else) any more info needed just let me know... If it helps at all my computer is a Lenovo

facebook likes buy facebook likes [url=http://1000fbfans.info]facebook likes [/url] facebook likes

Anonymous said...

can you buy tramadol online legally buy tramadol rx online - tramadol hcl used dogs