Monday, December 17, 2007

Ordinary People

Some celebrities seem like they are just ordinary folks like you and me. Billy Joel, despite being married to a 23 year old, seems like the kind of guy that still you could talk to on the street. Howard Stern talks about his mundane life all the time and Larry David is most likely, well, Larry David. These are extremely high net worth individuals that became famous beyond their wildest imaginations and I'm not so sure they are comfortable being extremely famous or rich, but they seem like regular guys.


Here are some celebrities that are certainly not "regular guys."


  • David Letterman - We all know he is a work-obsessed recluse that may or may not live in Connecticut with a woman and a child. I think he is a truly bitter and cynical man that has very little social interaction outside of his show.
  • Jerry Seinfeld - Completely unapproachable. I would not feel comfortable asking him for an autograph. The problem is, he seems like he would be a nice, normal guy, but he's just not.
  • Rod Stewart - This man is so in love with himself that he recorded a song titled Do Ya Think I'm Sexy? If that's not narcissism, I don't know what is. He exudes sexuality, but I think he loves himself so much, he could never truly love a woman. I can't picture him just kicking back with the guys over a few pints.
  • Michael R. Bloomberg - I am a huge supporter, but does this man ever loosen up?*
    Tiger Woods - Perhaps the most driven and focused man in the world. His purpose in life is to be the greatest golfer that has ever lived. I'm surprised he's even married and has a kid - less time to perfect his lob wedge.
  • Van Morrison - He can vocalize like no other white man alive, but do we know anything about his personal life at all? Do we want to?
  • Michael Richards - Even before his racist rant, he was reclusive and altogether strange. Not at all like the charismatic Kramer character he so perfected.
  • Marv Albert - We all thought this guy was normal before we heard about his affinity for cross-dressing and biting his mistress on the back whilst singing show tunes. I'm not sure I want to know anything more about him.
  • Michael Jackson - Well, duh.

I think if I were a celebrity, I would be delightfully eccentric. I think I may be a tad eccentric now, but my bank account just isn't big enough.

*Perhaps he loosens his tie during fornication.

No comments: