Friday, April 25, 2008

Smart Casual Fridays

At my office, we have "casual Fridays" which enables people to wear jeans or whatever they feel comfortable in, but I don't like it. I hate the idea of casual Friday. It gives people way to much freedom. Let's call it "smart casual Friday" so people know that it is not acceptable to dress in a way that would be more appropriate in a Midwestern bowling facility.

I don't want to come to work and see people dressed liked fucking assholes. What's next? Wacky Wednesdays and Toga Tuesdays? Are people actually getting the same amount of work done in these so-called "casual" work environments? I sure as hell am not. Let's just make it all a big fucking party every goddamn day of the week. If business is still being conducted on Fridays, appropriate attire should be worn.

And while I'm on the subject, the type of weather we have been having is ruining the outfits of the women of New York. I prefer the Fall when women start to wear shades of brown and charcoal, tweed skirts with boots, turtleneck wool sweaters and long wool coats with Burberry scarves. Call me crazy, but nothing gets me more excited than a very conservatively dressed woman.

Now, the girls are starting to wear low-cut tops and brightly colored short skirts. I don't want to see that. I want to see you in cable-knit lambswool sweaters and gray tweed slacks.

As for me, I refuse to participate in casual Friday. I think it's outrageous and yet another reason why foreigners hate Americans.

4 comments:

gerald ford said...

I couldn't agree more. I have been campaining the elimination of casual friday's for some time now. I prefer a crisp white oxford, conserative blazer, and khakis. Save your denim for the rodeo. I would like to see a government funded study which investigates the amount of money that is lost due to casual Fridays.

Anonymous said...

I must say, I agree as well. I feel so much more confident, professional, and productive when I'm "dressed up". The problem is that the dress code for most work places nowadays is casual anyway, so where do you draw the line? I mean, where I work we even have "wear your pajamas" day! I guess that's what you get for being a first grade teacher though. haha...

Anonymous said...

while i think alot of potential earnings are lost by casual friday, i think even more money would be wasted by a government study on the subject

kathryn h said...

PJ, this post reminded of your talk of velvet scrunchies in HS. Christine told me about your blog and it's very witty and entertaining. I hope you're doing well.

PS - Your therapist appears to be an idiot if she thinks everyone isn't passive-aggressive at some point. Surely some more than others, but seriously? I'm in grad school for clinical psych- I know few psychologists who would agree with her.